When deciding which college to wait for the following four years, its so valuable to visit the college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the spring of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. Exactly What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage our admitted students to take advantage of https://shmoop.pro/ our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision exactly what your USC experience could be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until May 1, we already have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you decide to come to USC, here is an outline associated with the next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit online at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Look at the Financial Aid section of our website for lots more information about how exactly to apply for financial aid.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you have a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you’re perhaps not 100% sure you’re coming to USC year that is next you can submit the housing application and $45 fee to carry your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a great chance to spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you can expect to additionally register for courses with a scholastic advisor. You shall be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company days when you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your final high school transcript and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB advanced level exams. See our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC funds for the AP that is various and exams.
When you yourself have questions that are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help answer your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does that mean?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the nation (15% in last 12 months’s freshman class!). We think that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by enabling for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted in the classroom.
Certain courses on their own are even created around providing pupils with the opportunity to interact with students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC also ranks sixth in the nation for sending students abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can improve their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer living with a host family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students using the possibility to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a weeks that are few students will stay on-campus and investigate a concern that is worldwide in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are on offer in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, just to name a few!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Lately, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already begun to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, along with obtaining the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but our company is really a place that is global!